Lobster Ink – Production Coordinator Vacancy in Cape Town, Observatory, Black River Park Feb 2018
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory, Black River Park|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Summary of Responsibilities
The Production Coordinator role is to act as a bridge between Producers and Production on projects in administration and on-set logistics. The on-set logistics can include but is not limited to: securing locations, actors, make-up artists, wardrobe, transport, catering. The Production coordinator will also need to source and manage freelancers and external production houses.
The most important part of this role is efficiency and versatility. An understanding of Lobster Ink’s production flow specifically is essential. Negotiation, strong communication skills and organisational skills are key in order to be successful in the management of various aspects of the administrative tasks within the department, budgets, resources and deliverables.
- Manage the process of sourcing and booking of freelance crew, actors, locations, voiceover artists, props and other needs for projects – ensuring cost effective solutions to best of ability.
- Scheduling and running of productions.
- Create and maintain personal information record of all travelling production members, with passport and visa information.
- Attend all Project Production related meetings, where involvement is necessary.
- Create call sheets for cast and crew, updating on set.
- Organise catering, transport for crew, props, make-up, hair and wardrobe where necessary.
- Coordinate with external production companies to lock down all production logistics.
- Conduct site recce’s wherever possible and necessary.
- Secure filming permits where necessary based on chosen locations.
- Coordinate cast on set, and solve any problems, to ensure that the team can carry on filming without disturbances.
- Manage all voice-over artists and ensure the database has the most up to date information.
- Manage and maintain artist’s contracts and agreements.
- Create a brief and source voiceover artists based on client requirements.
- Live coach voiceover artists for the first session, until signed off, then handover to the Team Lead/scriptwriter. If required by client, further live coaching by the Production Manager is necessary.
- Works closely with Programme Director and Creative Director to ensure all Production tasks and objectives are being coordinated, executed, and maintained accordingly.
With over 100 000 active monthly learners across 120 countries, we are the leading online training company for the hospitality industry. Our learning solutions have demonstrated positive ROI for some of the world’s most remarkable establishments. Our proven learning methodology teaches practical skills, knowledge and behaviours that can be demonstrated immediately. From hourly associates to senior management, our content covers all major aspects of hospitality.
- Two to three years of experience in production coordination.
- NQF Level 5 degree or higher will be advantageous.
- Demonstrated project or management experience (four+ years).
- Background in videography and filming.
- Experience with both Microsoft Office and iWork suites.
- A proficient Mac user.
- Experience in directing and interacting with voiceover artists.
Skills, knowledge, and attributes
- Excellent administrative skills
- Exceptional command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal and relational management skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team.
- Collaborative and builds mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships.
- Flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments.
- Works effectively through job and organisational changes.
- Quick and effective in problem solving.
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Can both give and receive direction and constructive criticism well.
- A proactive individual with the ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously in a timely manner.
- Confident, sensitive and diplomatic when communicating with a variety of senior staff/clients.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional & discrete manner.
- Works well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Strives to achieve excellence in everything that she/he does.