At Rio Tinto, you can explore and develop your personal and professional potential within one of the most dynamic and diverse companies in the world.
Rio Tinto operates over 10 sites across Africa, with sites as far afield as South Africa and Madagascar, Namibia and Mozambique, employing a diverse workforce of 9,000 people in everything from extraction to administration to engineering. Just some of the many products we bring to the market each year include copper, bauxite, aluminum, uranium, diamonds, titanium minerals, zircon and pig iron.
An operation of this size is constantly looking for candidates with the talents and energy to join our enthusiastic and experienced team. That’s why we offer a range of Graduate Programmes and Student Placement opportunities across the region.
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join a global leader in the mining and metals sector, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Our role is located in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Richards Bay. Richards Bay Minerals is a mineral sands producer extracting titanium-iron ore ilmenite as well as rutile and zircon. Successfully operating for over thirty years, RBM offers a scenic coastal lifestyle with great career opportunities through development, challenges and advanced technology. With a strong focus on the safety and well-being of our employees, this dynamic environment offers a long-lasting career
Applications are now open for those pursuing a career in Graduate Geologist
- Completed B.Sc. Honours Geology
- Driver’s License
- Excellent support, through training, coaching, and development
- Constant acquisition of practical new knowledge and skills
- Working with diverse people from different cultural backgrounds
- Real, challenging, varied and exciting work
- The tools, knowledge, and skills you need to go further
The following information must accompany your application:
- A brief statement explaining why you have chosen this particular field of study
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Certified copies of Matric Certificate
- Certified copies of Statement of Results for Degree
Who can apply?
Graduates who have completed B.Sc. Honours in Geology
Graduates with less than two years relevant experience
Closing Date: 21 February 2018
Please ensure you answer all pre-screening questions and complete the full application process