|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Reference:||#PMC SNR DESIGNER|
|Company:||Panorama Media Corp|
Print Magazine Senior Designer
A well-established niche publishing house has a vacancy (April 2018) for a senior designer to take responsibility for some of South Africa’s leading niche magazines such as HQ (Horse Quarterly), Very Interesting(VI), VI Junior and Skyways.
In addition to having extensive design experience, you need to be an energetic go-getter who has the drive, passion and ambition to take the brands to new found creative excellence. This position also calls for a person who is passionate about quality, team work and deadlines.
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements and personal attributes:
- Have a relevant tertiary education in layout and design and at least 5 years’ print magazine design experience
- Dedicated and professional self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication skills in English – verbal and written
- Hard working with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Plan, time management and coordination efficiency
- Friendly, energetic and creative
- Be a team player
- A desire and passion to learn continuously and improve skills
- Own reliable transport and drivers licence
o Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Acrobat
o Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Illustrator, MS Word and Excel
o Comfortable and savvy on a Mac
- Providing the best and most engaging visual interpretation of content for our various magazine titles and ancillary items related to the brand according to recipe and style in order to captivate the reader
- Take charge of the look and feel of relevant titles with clear style guides
- Create strategy and recipe/formula in collaboration with editors
- Keep integrity of brand image (magazine titles) and corporate identity
- Keep abreast of industry trends, layout and design trends, latest reader appeal trends and technology to maximise effectiveness and efficiencies
- Work in close partnership with editorial, sales, marketing, production and digital teams
- Work very closely with editors to make sure you have a full understanding of editorial policy for the titles
- In association with the editor give priority to cover and content for every issue allowing suitable amounts of time to develop best quality work
- Take responsibility for design and layout of assigned titles, and ensure all deadlines are met throughout the print cycle from handover to final printing.
- Print-to-digital responsibilities include liaising with traffic and digital regarding timelines and workflows, ensuring magazine brand/styles are correctly adhered to and effectively represented on all digital mediums as well as preparing files for online conversions as needed by our digital converters
- Over and above the magazines, interpret, manage and implement creative briefs for marketing material, sales proposals, magazine supplements and special projects.