This temporary vacancy is available at Robben Island Museum in the Finance department reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, the incumbent will primarily assist with the preparation of revenue transactions for capturing on the accounting system and assist with bank reconciliations.
Finance: Revenue Internship With Robben Island Museum
RIM is an EE, AA employer. RIM reserves the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate are not found.
- Assisting with revenue accountant’s duties
- Performing reconciliations
- Follow up and provide feedback on outstanding information
- Capturing revenue transactions on the accounting software
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Finance related qualification eg B com degree, National Diploma in (Accounting, Management Accounting, Taxation, Internal Auditing)
- Computer literate (Ms Office Suite)
- Excellent communication skills:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to present ideas logical and concisely
- Excellent administrative skills
- Be able to work with a high level of accuracy
- Be able to work under pressure
- Accurate reporting is a strong requirement within the confines of strict deadlines
- Customer focus
- Respond and deal effectively with customers in a professional manner
- Must be able to work as a team and independently
- Must be able to accept guidance and constructive criticism and apply in the day to day operations
- within the unit
- Consistently display values of professionalism
How To Apply
Forward a detailed cv, accompanied by certified copies your ID and qualification certificates as well as
contactable referees, to the email address in the advert linked to below.
Closing: 8 February 2018
Note: If you do not hear back within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please note your attachment should not exceed 10 MB.