The above-mentioned position is available in the Finance Department at Robben Island Museum.
Reporting to the Asset Management Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the provision of reliable asset data,
information, systems and operational support so as to facilitate the achievement of “best practice” asset management.
Finance: Asset Internship With Robben Island Museum
RIM is an EE, AA employer. RIM reserves the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate are not found.
- Asset verification (asset counts) on a regular basis
- Administration of asset movements
- Maintaining asset inventory list
- Capturing assets on the asset register accurately
- Ensuring asset unit filing is up to date
- Disposals of assets
- Any adhoc duties allocated to the individual by the asset supervisor
- The incumbent should be in possession of a:
- National diploma in Accounting/Auditing or
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Auditing/Financial Management
- Good interpersonal skill
- Communication skill
- Knowledge of excel is a pre-requisite
- Willing to work overtime
- Able to work in team and independently
- Constantly display professional behaviour
- High degree of integrity and display values of honesty
- Prior working experience not a pre-requisite
How To Apply
Forward a detailed cv, accompanied by certified copies your ID and qualification certificates as well as contactable
referees, to the email address given in the advert linked to below.
Closing: 8 February 2018
Note: If you do not hear back within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please note your attachment should not exceed 10 MB.