Reference Number: TRAN8119
Position: Senior Safety and Security Officer (Three 3 year fixed term contract)
Salary: R177 036 – R242 844 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 12 Certificate, Safety and Security Certificate, SAMTRAC an added advantage
- PSIRA Grade B Certificate
- Good quality control skills
- Good computer skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in safety and security, especially surveillance systems will be an added advantage
- Experience in Control Room Operations
- Monitor all CoE public transport services security and surveillance activities at the BRT station and BRT route surveillance in order to identify red flag situations that call for intervention, i.e. safety and security incidents to ensure all public transport facilities are safe and secure to use by all stakeholders
- Communicate with the Station Ambassadors, Cashiers and EMPD personnel to take note of current or potential problems which would, for example, influence the safety and security at the BRT stations and BRT trunk routes
- Send on-line messages to the Bus Driver/s conc3erned, which will be displayed on-screen in the relevant bus/es to ensure that the safety and security incident database is updated with all the correct and relevant information and disseminated to the relevant stakeholders and management structures
- Assist with building evacuations and crowd and traffic control
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violations of policy and procedures, restraining trespassers
- Provide training on fire prevention, the proper use of fire suppression equipment and building evacuation procedures and conduct inspections for fire, safety or security risks or hazards and recommend corrective measures
- Inspect and maintain emergency and safety equipment and vehicles and report malfunctions
How to Apply
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) or the intranet (for internal staff).
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7532
Please attach CV to the online application once completed.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2018/02/05