Cenfri is an independent think-tank that conducts applied research to improve how societies in developing countries benefit from the financial sector.
We are driven by a vision of a world where all people live their financial lives optimally to enhance welfare and grow the economy.
Our core focus is on generating insights that can inform policymakers, market players and donors that seek to unlock development outcomes through inclusive financial services and the financial sector more broadly. In collaboration with key partners and funders, we actively engage across Africa, Latin America and Asia.
Cenfri is looking for an intern who can assist with conducting research to understand the legal system in general and financial-sector regulation, in particular, in Ghana and Nigeria.
Our objective is to better understand the impact of the current regulation on the development of the insurance sector and its potential to contribute to economic growth and consumer welfare.
- Currently studying law, preferably towards an LLM
- Interest in research-related activities
- Knowledge of economics and/or the financial sector (advantageous)
- Experience with multiple legal systems across countries (advantageous)
- Proficient writing skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
This is a 3-month opportunity with the possibility of further engagement.
Applications are open until 26 January 2018.<!-- Responsive -->
We are ideally looking for candidates that are available from early February 2018 to the end of April 2018. There is some flexibility in terms of these dates.