SOAR Marketing : Junior Digital Copywriter Vacancy in Cape Town Jan 2018
|Remuneration:||R10000 per month negotiable Basic salary|
SOAR Marketing is a digital marketing agency on a mission to make a dent in the ROI universe. By exploring business opportunities differently, we capitalise on gaps quickly to disrupt markets in all kinds of industries, solving problems digitally and winning customers for life.
To continue blazing a trail towards ongoing growth and success, we’re looking for a junior digital copywriter to assist the copy and marketing team.
The channels we inhabit are paid, earned and owned media, including web, mobile, social, search and native. You will help create content across these channels.
Your responsibilities are diverse and the opportunities endless, but your mission is clear: to create copy that is not only persuasive and magnetic, but also with strong headline and sales copy, with a mix of short and long form. You’ll be working your magic across many exciting crypto and digital currency products and platforms.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Knows how to weave a digital story and can use words and hard facts into compelling and captivating copy that convert browsers into customers
- Can connect with audiences in unexpected ways, by getting to the heart of what drives web and mobile users to read, watch, engage, click and buy
- Is challenged and fulfilled by finding new ways to communicate with users who’ve probably heard it all before but are always intrigued by new angles and tactics
- Would arm-wrestle over an Oxford comma but embrace constructive feedback and creative trade-offs whenever the results demand it
- Sees relentless pace as an opportunity to beat our competitors to market, while remaining calm, resilient and flexible
- Brings fresh ideas in producing creative web and social media content in a deadline-driven, results-focused creative/marketing environment
- Harbours an insatiable ability to write, edit and proof-read content that works hard to tell a story but even harder to provoke a response with our users and encourage them to take the actions we need them to
- Can demonstrate exposure to all kinds of content formats and types, from marketing campaigns to blog posts
- Has an equal preference and aptitude for both short-form and long-form copy, from a couple of words for a social post to several hundred words for an in-depth article, mailer or website
- Has experience with Search Engine Optimisation, keyword targeting and link building
- Has a good level of experience scripting, sourcing and producing multimedia content, including photos, videos and audio (ideally with editing experience using the Adobe suite)
- Can work very comfortably in Content Management Systems – WordPress preferred
- Can navigate and dive into Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other digital analytics tools to extract and build on performance intelligence
- Is used to aligning with industry best practice, including content delivery standards and usability
This means that you’d need to bring a unique mix of experience and expertise to the role to:
- Create all the content needed to maintain a consistently high level of performance across marketing campaigns, from social media marketing and PPC ads to product websites and new brand collateral
- Create a compelling presence organically that grows results across search engines and improves reach on social platforms, helping us to earn growing market share alongside our paid activities
- Create and test a wide range of content formats, including short-form copy, long-form content, photos, videos, infographics, data visualisation, audio, landing pages, and email communication and campaigns
- Learn about our users and what drives them to read, watch, engage, click and buy – helping to determine new angles and techniques to connect with them in unexpected ways and stand out from our competitors, building our brands as credible, trustworthy destinations with a user experience that beats the rest
- Collaborate with our marketing, design and development teams through brainstorming, briefing and open communication to build campaigns, products and services that are engaging, relevant and profitable
- Contribute to a culture that is about working hard, celebrating our achievements, giving credit where it’s due, respecting what we all bring to the table, and building our future as one team, with one goal: to generate incredible results and have loads of fun doing it.
To make our shortlist, we’d love your expertise to be backed up by:
- Three-year Bachelor degree or diploma in copywriting, journalism, communications or marketing
- One to two years of experience as a digital content producer, digital copywriter, digital communications or media practitioner, or digital marketer
- Samples of your very best work, both short-form and long-form
SOAR Marketing is a digital marketing agency on a mission to make a dent in the ROI universe, through products and services we represent and own. By exploring global business opportunities differently, we capitalise on gaps quickly to disrupt markets in all kinds of industries, solving problems digitally and winning customers for life. This is where ideas are born, products grow wings, and revenue takes flight.