Swipe – Digital Account/Project Manager Vacancy in Cape Town Jan 2018
We are looking for an enthusiastic, diligent and experienced digital account/project manager who can take ownership of a client portfolio to extract their requirements, represent their interests within the agency and drive their deliverables forward. The role is to manage a set of assigned projects, develop relationships with the respective business stakeholders and product owners, oversee the development within the production studio and to create comprehensive support materials and documentation to aid in project scoping and delivery.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to client account management like extracting briefs, crafting proposals, tracking and reporting on progress as well as maintaining clear and constant communication across various mediums.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors, drive meetings and brainstorming workshops, present ideas and recommended enhancements or innovations.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects according to customer needs and objectives by driving forward project deliverables within the production studio related to design or development.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing clients by proactively identifying areas of improvement that will expand the scope of and size of accounts.
- Craft well-written scoping and functional requirements documentation, project plans and any other supporting materials to aid in production efficiency.
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Testing any newly developed functionality to ensure efficacy before deployment and handover.
- Balancing the time of the various development and design resources available with what tasks need to be prioritised across your portfolio.
Founded in early 2014 by industry leaders Leo Redelinghuys and Deon Heunis, swipe has quickly grown to become one of the most dynamic and versatile digital solutions agencies in Africa. With globally recognised mainstay clients including WeChat, DStv and Discovery Networks UK, to name a few, our team of senior solutions architects, technical designers and operations specialists have had the privilege of working on some of the most exciting technical executions of their careers.
Passion and dedication is what drives the engine of our growth. Our enterprise grade solutions are purpose built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyse. iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
Above all, swipe is made up of an exceptional team of world-class developers, designers, strategists and producers that form the foundation of our success. We value every ounce of extra-ordinary effort that is delivered day in and day out toward the unified goal of being the best at what we do. We want you to be a part of this journey.
- Proven work experience as an account manager or project manager or other relevant experience within a digital development agency/production environment.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level.
- Solid experience with project management tools and CRM systems as well as a fluency in working with Google docs/sheets.
- Experience in delivering large scale, custom built web and mobile solutions based on customer needs.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and balancing resource requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with a presentable and professional appearance.
- Relevant tertiary institution degree
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of iterative web and app development processes and operations.
- The ability to write comprehensive briefs, proposals, scope docs, reports and project plans.
- A firm grasp on what makes for good usability and design with a passion for web and mobile platforms.
- An understanding of digital products, the latest trends in digital and emerging innovations that can contribute to better solutions.
- Experience with project management tools like Pivotal Tracker, Jira, Trello, Basecamp or similar.