|Company:||John Brown Media|
John Brown Media
Do you have a passion for digital media with a keen interest in food, looking to work in a vibrant, award-winning team? John Brown South Africa seeks to employ a talented digital editor to help lead the creative vision and positioning for John Brown. The successful incumbent will be based in Cape Town and report directly to the head of digital content. If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
John Brown Media is part of a leading global content marketing agency with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Boston, Dubai and Hong Kong. We produce award-winning, engaging content across print and digital. Our clients include Pick n Pay, BMW/Mini, Life Healthcare, Dion Wired, Discovery, Leisure Books, Old Mutual, Nestlé, Total, FNB Premier, and Spur locally, and Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange, RBS Bank, Hannaford and Spinneys globally. John Brown is part of the Dentsu Aegis Network Group.
Main purpose of the role
The ideal candidate has a passion for all digital media and an interest in food. You will need to drive digital content proactively, continually looking for opportunities to improve content across platforms and push the boundaries with world-class work.
- Conceptualise and produce content for all digital platforms, including but not limited to social media, video, newsletters, websites and banner advertising
- Interpret and deliver to client brief
- Be a custodian of the quality of content on all digital platforms
- Copy edit and proof all written work, with assistance from a copywriter
- Stay ahead of industry standards and trends and frequently bring new ideas to the table
- Explore opportunities to grow traffic, reach and engagement on all digital platforms
- Read and interpret Google Analytics and social media reports
- Work closely with the print team, looking for synergies and content opportunities wherever possible
- Work with the head of digital content and production coordinator to ensure a smooth production process
- Liaise with developers with respect to the uploading of content, QA and troubleshooting
- Liaise with the client with respect to approvals and content plans, in conjunction with the traffic manager and account director
- Brief and oversee photographic and video shoots
- A degree or diploma in journalism, copywriting or a related field
- At least two years of experience working as a digital editor
- Excellent command of the English language
- Solid experience in overseeing/briefing made-for-social video content
- A good understanding of how to optimise content for the relevant platform
- A passion for food- and lifestyle-related topics, and a love for the digital and socia media space
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO and HTML
- Ability to work well in a team and provide direction to designers and copywriters
- Positive attitude, energetic approach and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and the ability to concentrate in a busy work environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Client-facing agency experience
Please forward a detailed CV to Grant Solomon
Closing date: 03 February 2018
Reference number: #DE18 (to be quoted in the subject line of the application email)
Preference will be given in line with John Brown’s employment equity policy.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.