Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications.
24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly.
Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Fin24 requires an intern at its Johannesburg Bureau with solid content producing skills, displaying a passion for business news and the digital media. He/she will be responsible for producing and editing content for the Fin24 website, as well as help research stories for the site.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is a requirement; journalism or economics will be an advantage.
- The ability to communicate well is a necessity.
- Must have a sound understanding and knowledge of the digital medium and an understanding of how to deliver online content in the SA environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Must have a keen interest in and a good knowledge of current affairs, business and economic news
- Must have a passion for online media.
- Must have some understanding of company results and relevant economic data.
- Must have good language, writing and editing skills
- Must be versatile, flexible and adaptable to change
Must be able to perform under pressure, with short turn-around times
- Must have a nose for news and eye for spotting unique stories
- Must have a passion for learning new skills in a busy environment and working unusual hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help write original content relevant to Fin24.com’s audience.
- Drawing up a schedule of company results, and writing on the results if needed.
- Liaising with users and building a vibrant online community.
- Writing up and following up on press releases.
- Takes responsibility for quality of content and general appearance of the site.
- Help identify and drive user-generated content
- Assist editor with new story ideas and respond creatively to breaking news.
- Assist in the management of the website, including maintenance and site improvements.
- Help build Fin24.com’s multimedia strategy.
Closing Date: 21 January 2018
In terms of our employment equity policy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, including people with disabilities.