IkamvaYouth equips learners from disadvantaged communities with the knowledge, skills, networks and resources to access tertiary education and/or employment opportunities once they matriculate. IkamvaYouth aims to increase the collective skill level of the population, to grow the national knowledge base, and to replicate success in more communities.
A non-profit organisation (established in 2003 and formally registered in 2004) with branches in five provinces in South Africa, IkamvaYouth currently operates in the Western Cape, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, North West and the Eastern Cape.
While learners enroll at IkamvaYouth when they are in grades 9, 10 and 11, the programme's success is ultimately determined by the number of grade 12 learners who access tertiary institutions and/or employment-based learning opportunities when they matriculate.
Currently fewer than 10% of South African youth access higher education (SAIRR, 2009) of which only a fraction come from township or rural communities.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint an intern Finance, to be based in Pretoria.
Duration: 6 Months
- IY Asset Register and Insurance Tracking
- Support development and tracking of IY’s asset register (ensuring that it is updated as assets are purchased and disposed of)
- Ensure outdated and nonexistence assets are removed from the insurance policy in consultation with Technology coordinator
- Assist the branch staff to update their Asset register as there are movements
- Day to day Operations Support
- Maintain a record of all IY Accounts with various service providers e.g. Insurance, phone accounts etc
- Assist with the double checking if all the cost centres have uploaded the relevant supporting documents (receipts, invoices, learner, tutor and staff reimbursement on drop box
- Assist with account balance reconciliations monthly for various account
- Support internal Branch Audits
- Ad-hoc support to the Finance team as needs arise
- Help address finance -related queries from IY branch and national staff
- Provide support to the Finance manager as needed
- Degree / Diploma
- Minimum one year administration experience
- Telephone etiquette
- Computer literate
- Communication skills
- Writing skills
- A can do attitude
To apply, submit CV and a cover letter email@example.com
with the subject heading clearly marked “Intern Finance’’
Opportunity closing date: Wednesday, 17 January, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Should you not hear receive a response by two weeks, you may consider your application unsuccessful
For more about Ikamva Youth, refer to www.ikamvayouth.org