Established in 1998, the Afro-Middle East Centre (AMEC) aims to foster, produce and disseminate the highest quality of research on the Middle East, to maintain public discussion and to help shape the public discourse on issues related to the Middle East. Amec's research includes relations between Africa and the Middle East.
<!-- Responsive Link Advert -->
The Afro-Middle East Centre (AMEC) is a research institute established in 1998 to conduct research mainly on the Middle East and North Africa region. The institute activities include publications, conferences, seminars, and other events, and production of policy recommendations.
AMEC seeks to appoint Events and Communications Intern, based in Johannesburg.
The interns will be provided with the opportunity to gain work experience in a research environment, and will be given stipends to cover their expenses. Internship programme will range from three to six months.
- Students who are either in the final year of their undergraduate studies, or have just graduated in Communications, Public relations, Graphic design or related field of study
- Public relations and communication skills
- Acquainted with social media platforms
- Website management and graphic design will be an advantage
- Motivated, analytically rigorous, thorough and reliable
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage at all levels
- Fluency in English
Closing date: Friday, 19 January, 2018<!-- Responsive -->