An expanding Umhlanga based software company that was recently selected by Microsoft as one of the Top 3 emerging ICT companies in the country is looking for an enthusiastic marketing and communications intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals.
You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and administration team to offer support in daily ad-hoc duties. This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Event & Project Management
- Draft critical path and timelines, and adhere to weekly touchpoints.
- Obtain quotes & liaise with suppliers and vendors.
- Submit summarised proposals for internal events.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Human Resources departments to implement action plans for quarterly key performance indicators.
- Research & Reporting
- Assist with market research on minor topics
- Interpret & summarise data
- Monthly marketing report (data extraction from multiple controlled media channels)
- Internal Marketing
- Obtain quotes and liaise with suppliers & vendors
- Assist with internal company newsletter
- Execute basic graphic design elements
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Identifying opportunities for the company to engage in meaningful social outreach
- Including staff
- Focus on market-related opportunities
- Focus on education-related opportunities
- Liaise with potential beneficiaries
- Ensure transparent communication between beneficiary and Marketing and Human Resources departments.
- Liaise with career centres at schools and colleges (working with the Human Resources and Marketing departments).
- Assist with travel bookings.
- Scanning of documents.
- Basic filing of documents.
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Submit expense claims on behalf of employees.
- Maintain office supplies
- Time management skills
- Telephone etiquette & strong interpersonal communication / Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Basic design skills (ability to use Canva) – this can be taught easily if the candidate is not already familiar
- High cognition and ability to learn quickly
PREFERRED PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Displays hunger for knowledge
- Marketing and Communications Degree or relevant degree
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
We are a fast-paced organisation that provides an exciting, dynamic environment where talents are showcased and skills are enhanced. We offer exciting opportunities that contributes to both your personal and professional growth.
If you would like to join a growing and dynamic team, contact us on email@example.com. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.