We at Monsanto are more than 20,000 employees dedicated to contributing to a smarter way to feed the world. You can find us at 404 facilities across 67 countries. We’re a diverse group of thinkers with one common goal: helping to make a balanced meal accessible. Together, we foster a culture of inclusion and innovation and we are working for sustainable agriculture
At Monsanto you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to do extraordinary things. By incorporating cutting-edge technology and your experience, you will push the limits of agricultural technology and help change the world. Are you ready to begin?
We have a position for a Breeding Intern..
- This individual is included in all aspects of seed preparation, planting, pollinating, harvesting and inventory management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform computer-related activities, including hand held data collection, data management, bar coding functions and providing support for all day-to-day activities.
- Coordinates and assists in all seed lab operations including seed shelling, packaging, treating and packet arrangement.
- Coordinates and assists with all field operations including planting nurseries, pollination, data collection, and harvesting of nurseries.
- Assist with timely and accurate data collection.
- Provide support to the Breeder and Research Associate.
- Assists in implementation of site safety programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Actively participate in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies.
- Road travel and time away from home when working at MSP location.
- BS degree in agronomy, plant science, or related discipline or 3 years agricultural research experience with an Agricultural related diploma.
- Basic knowledge of crop production, farming practices and farm equipment operation.
- Individual leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs with the ability to learn new programs.
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance multiple tasks and achieve deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accurate worker.
Other Information (travel, relocation benefits, hours etc.) Must be prepared to work on week-ends during pollinating period and be prepared to overnight away from home when necessary.
Candidate’s Skill Set:
· Knowledge of breeding nursery set-up
· Ability to accurately take and record data
· Knowledge of farm and seed research equipment
· Computer literate
2. Nice to Have:
· Experience with data analysis
3. Must Have:
· Agricultural Diploma with experience or BS degree
· Drivers license
4. Must Not Have:
· Criminal record
At Monsanto, we value the leadership, tenacity, adaptability, teamwork, and performance orientation skills and attributes that veterans and service members bring to the table. Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a Great Place to Work.