Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce.
<!-- Responsive -->
24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly.
Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and eCommerce platforms.
Working for Health24 to help keep the site updated and fresh daily. Providing support in all aspects of editorial to a team of content producers and editors.
If you have a tertiary qualification in journalism, English or creative writing and have a keen interest in health topics, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Degree or diploma in journalism, English or creative writing.
- Blogging and or writing experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Writing experience (published pieces and/or personal blog).
- Able to adapt to the Health24 editorial voice and aesthetic.
- Able to write engaging and catchy headlines and blurbs.
- Interest and knowledge of health topics.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Subbing and editing skills.
- Understanding of the online environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a can-do attitude.
- A+ multi-tasker and juggler of responsibilities big and small.
- Interested in and engaged with social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube and/or Pinterest
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting editorial staff.
- Loading and editing articles into the content management system.
- Researching stories and trends both online and IRL. Phone sources, investigate stories and gather information.
- Sourcing and resizing images.
- Coming up with story ideas, writing and editing articles.
- Keeping expert sections updated.
<!-- Responsive -->
In terms of our employment equity policy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, including people with disabilities.