American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions.
These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
AIG South Africa:
A tremendous opportunity awaits dynamic individuals searching for an environment that is vibrant and challenging. The position is an exciting and stimulating experience that equips graduates with a combination of compliance, internal audit, risk management, and business skills.
This position will assist the Head of Compliance to adopt all the relevant Compliance and Regulatory Policies.To advise management and all relevant staff of their legal and regulatory obligations.
This is a results-oriented and deadline-driven position where accuracy, efficiency, and strong organisational skills are all critically important. The role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a new functional group delivering the highest quality of service to a variety of colleagues in multiple business areas.
The position will also perform in-depth fact gathering, analysis, reporting and escalation to address issues and mitigate risks identified through compliance and internal audit reviews.
- Assist with the provision of timely and accurate compliance audit reports and highlight regulatory issues and recommendations and provide updates on remedial actions undertaken.
- Assist in maintaining all Compliance Policies and ensure that the business is up to speed with the requirements.
- Ensure that the controls log is to be reviewed and provided to the Head of Compliance and relevant Committees.
- Assist with the preparation of annual risk based compliance audit schedule.
- Carry out internal and external compliance audits.
- Assist with the preparation of Regulatory and Internal reports.
- Monitor and report on the effecting of remedial actions.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills are essential
- Good team player, able to work collaboratively and effectively to achieve goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity, conflict and difficult situations
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deal with change in a pro-active and positive manner.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Professionalism in handling confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Related Degree or Diploma
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives