The Voice of the Cape radio – Radio journalist Vacancy in Cape Town, Salt River 2018
Radio journalist current vacancies
employment position The Voice of the Cape radio 2018
|Location:||Cape Town, Salt River|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||The Voice of the Cape radio|
In the fast and excessive world of social media, nothing beats the power of good ol’ radio. You have the power to shape and influence the news agenda from the ground-up, through a career in broadcast journalism.
The Voice of the Cape radio station is on the hunt for a journalist and content producer to add to its team. If you love the speed and deadline driven world of radio news, then you could survive in our newsroom.
A journalism or media qualification is essential. Previous media or journalism experience will be to your advantage.
We are looking for someone who is an eloquent writer, who reads fluently and authoritatively and has the confidence to be an on-air reporter.
Ideally, the candidate should be on the pulse of issues affecting the local community. An interest in local and international politics is essential. A jam-packed contact book will get you very far!
- To have an instinct for what makes a good news story
- The ability to pitch and develop a news story
- The ability to generate original ideas
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills, with the ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
- Compiling radio bulletins
- Gathering actuality sound and audio editing
- Conducting interviews
- Writing news, features, and editorials for website
- Beat and field reporting
- Live on air broadcasting
- Basic knowledge of audio equipment
- An understanding of media ethics